As the Plan Administrator, you can modify the allowance amount of an Employee Class (Plan) through your online administrator account.
Modifying the allowance amount for a Class is very easy to do. The steps are outlined below. But first, please review these important considerations before modifying your plan:
- The earliest a plan change can become effective is the first of the following month - see below considerations.
- Changes will create new Plan Documents.
- Affected employees will need to re-elect into the plan.
- Changes to the Plan will trigger any selected balance rollover options, as the current plan is ending and a new plan begins
Steps to change the allowance amount
To change the allowance amount for a Class from your online administrator account:
1. The Plan tab > Class Options link
From the main menu (blue bar at the top), go to The Plan tab > Class Options link. Current Classes will be listed. Find the Class to edit. Click on the Options button > Edit link.
At the prompt choose your desired type of change.
2. Edit Employee Eligibility and Allowances
3. Save Class
Changing any Class settings will modify your plan, and each of your Participants may have to agree to the Election Form again before submitting claims. Reducing benefits during a Plan Period may violate HIPAA nondiscrimination rules, which require that health plan limitations and exclusions cannot be directed at individual participants based on health factors. To comply with HIPAA, plan changes that reduce benefits should not become effective any earlier than the first day of the Plan Period following the date on which the change is incorporated into the plan document. An exception to this rule allows modifications within a Plan Period so long as the plan or issuer gives a 60-day warning to enrollees before any modification becomes effective.